GreenTrust SF - Central Waterfront, a community-based non-profit, exists to establish and cultivate a comprehensive plan with associated financing mechanisms to realize a greener Central Waterfront and improve the community's social and ecological health.
We intend to:
- Provide a clear strategic framework for "green investments" to the benefit of the entire neighborhood, thereby avoiding ad hoc, site-specific improvements that don't contribute to a larger vision.
- Identify, develop, and implement a strategic plan and associated financing mechanisms to improve existing open space in and around the Central Waterfront.
- Leverage private and public money to establish a permanent fund to maintain and support open space improvements. These improvements may take the form of: enhanced maintenance of existing green space; the development of new community parks and gardens; bio-remediation swales and sidewalk greenings; and/or, full-scale ecosystem remediation.
- Operate with financial transparency and efficiency with an emphasis on cost-effective and pragmatic solutions.
The GreenTrust's initial step will adopt a "Green Blueprint," that identifies:
- A geographic scope of work;
- A range of potential projects ranked in order of community priority;
- Potential funding approaches and sources for the identified projects; and,
- Specific steps to implement the GreenTrust Vision (e.g., the formation of special assessment districts, the adoption of an open-space fee for new development, etc.).
The GreenTrust will be managed by: a board of directors comprised of neighborhood residents and business owners, non-profit organizations with an interest in urban greening and sustainable development, and local funders. The GreenTrust will be an independent, community-based non-profit that seeks to foster a strong sense of neighborhood ownership and responsibility for the Central Waterfront's green infrastructure.
Board of Directors
- Janet Carpinelli, Chair
- Sarah Skaggs, Vice Chair
- Loring Sagan, Member at Large
- Ralph Wilson, Member at Large, Webmaster
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vision Statement Printable Version (pdf)
22nd Street Master Greening Plan